Sunday, April 24, 2016

Birth Story


Everyone I would like you to meet my little girl Phoenix. 

She decided to make her big debut 3 weeks early from her estimated due date of April 26th. She is healthy and doing wonderfully. 

I was 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant when my doctor decided that I needed to be induced due to my membranes being ruptured, which means my water was leaking and to not risk the chance of infection to me or the baby this needed to happen.

For about 4 days before getting induced I started to notice some clear liquid every time I would stand up from a sitting or laying down position and at first it started out small and so I thought it was just an increase in discharge which can be a symptom toward the end of pregnancy but as the days went on I noticed  that the amount was increasing and had a feeling that this liquid could be my amniotic sac fluid which turns out it was.

I called into my doctors office and they had me show up to labor and delivery and they ran a test on the fluid and sure enough it was amniotic fluid. My husband and I had a feeling that the baby could be on the way and thankfully we packed out hospital bag quickly and installed the car seat before heading to labor and delivery. We wanted to be ready in case we needed to stay at the hospital.

As we were sitting in the hospital room my doctor comes and and looks at both of us and says "it's time to have a baby" and my husband and I looked at each other and smiled and said "okay!"
That was such a surreal moment. We were excited that we would be meeting out little girl and nervous all at the same time.

This being my first pregnancy I really had no idea of how labor was going to feel and I still can't properly describe how it feels other than "Woah!"And "Wow I just did that!"
It amazes me how God had designed the female body. It is truly amazing the whole process of pregnancy and child birth. I am proud to be a woman.

It was a long 24 hours of labor. They started the induction process by giving my pitocin around 4:00 in the afternoon on April 6th I started to feel some contractions and it was a long night. the contractions t that point weren't too bad that was until 6:57 the next morning. 

I was laying down on the hospital bed trying to get some rest as my husband slept on the most uncomfortable looking fold out couch, when I felt this strong pop feeling in my belly. I was-int sure what it was but it kinda hurt and then it happened once more and then the rest of my waters had completely broken and I just felt this huge gush of warm liquid, I remember trying to sit up quickly and telling my husband wake up my water just broke!

He woke up all startled and got the nurse after helping me up to the bathroom and from the moment my water broke the contractions got immediately stronger. I don't even really know how to properly describe the way contractions feel but they were intense. I hopped in the shower for a little while and within 2 hours I had went from a fingertip dilated to 5 centimeters at which point I decided to get an epidural.

I had a great epidural experience and it was not what was in my original birth plan but I am glad I had it and I was able to get some rest and then just a few short hours later I was at 10 centimeters and with about 2 and half hours of pushing I gave birth to my sweet little girl.

The most life changing experience. I thank the Lord for a healthy and safe delivery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik