Monday, March 14, 2016

Pink and Gold Baby Shower


Over the weekend my mom threw me a baby shower. It was so much fun and there was so much love put into this shower. My mom drew, painted, and handmade nearly all the decorations for the party. There was a lot of food and sweet desserts. It was a really great turn out. I felt so much love and support from all my family. The theme of course was for a baby girl and the colors where pink, gold, and white.


My mom made a beautiful diaper cake filled with little goodies for baby. It is so pretty!

The games that were played at the baby shower were

  • Guess how many- this is where the guests get to guess how many candies were inside a jar the closet guess to the correct number of candies in the jar is the winner and wins a prize!
  • Guess Mommy's Tummy Size- Everyone gets to guess how big the baby bump is and you use a piece of string to estimate how big around the baby bump is. The closet string to the size of the baby bump is the winner and gets a prize.
  • Don't Say Baby- This game is a lot of fun. Everyone gets a safety pin or a clothes pin and the rules are you can not say the word baby, if you hear someone say baby you can take their pin away. The person with the most pins wins and gets a prize.
  • Diaper and Wipe Raffle- Anyone who brings a package of diapers or wipes gets to enter into the raffle. At my baby shower we had one winner for each the diaper and the wipe raffle. You draw a name out of a box and the person with their name on the ticket or piece of paper is the winner and gets a prize.       
The games were a hit and everyone had so much fun.

There was a display of food ranging from chicken croissant sandwiches, cucumber and cream cheese pin wheels, fresh green salad, fruit, chips, veggies, and different dips. 


The dessert table looked so delicious with a cake, vanilla and strawberry wafers, different types of cookies, a strawberry sorbet punch bowl and pink decorated rice crispy treats. 

Instead of a sign in guest book my mom drew vintage baby clothing and decorated them and hung them on a string to make it look like a little clothing line, The guests were able to write a note to me or to baby Phoenix on the little paper outfits. These made such a great keepsake!


For the centerpieces my mom decorated little flower pots and placed them on top of gold doilies. They came out so pretty! She also made a bouquet of flowers using baby socks, mittens, and little wash cloths! 

The entire day was so much fun! It is definitely a day that I will always remember.

A big thanks to my mom and my aunties who did such a wonder job with my baby shower, I am so grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik